6 Cups (1.5 L) Apples
To taste Nutmeg or Cinnamon
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup (125 ml) White Flour
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Brown or Golden Flax Flour
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Rolled Pure Oats
1/3 Cup (60 ml) Soft Butter
To taste Extra Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celcius).
2. Wash, core and slice the apples into an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle the apples with nutmeg or cinnamon.
3. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, white flour, flax flour and rolled oats.
4. Add the soft butter and rub in until the butter is well blended with the flour.
5. Put the flour mixture on top of the sliced apples. Press lightly.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are softened.