Yield: 12 large muffins
3 Cups (750 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
2 tsp (10 ml) Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Baking Soda
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Black Pepper
2 Cups (500 ml) Buttermilk or Kefir
2 Eggs, Large
3 Tbsp (45 ml) Olive Oil
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Butter, Melted
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Green Onion, Chopped
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Bacon, Chopped and Cooked
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Peppers and Onion, Chopped and Cooked
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Cheese, Grated
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and black pepper.
3) Make a well in the middle and add the buttermilk, eggs, olive oil and butter. Mix to blend
4) Fold in the green onion, bacon, peppers, onion and cheese.
5) Spray a set of large muffin tins with oil. Scoop the batter into the tins.
6) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
7) Cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling, or serve warm.