Yield: 21 Bars
1 Cup (250 ml) Dried Fruit, Sulfur Free, Chopped (try 1/2 c each cranberries and raisins)
1 Cup (250 ml) Dry Roasted Seeds, Non-Salted (try 1/2 c each sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
1/2 tsp (2 ml) Cinnamon
2 Cups (500 ml) Gluten Free Oat Meal
1/3 Cup (80 ml) Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Brown or Golden Flax Flour
1/3 Cup (80 ml) Warm Water
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Lightly spray with oil an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the chopped fruit, seeds, cinnamon, oats and chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, combine the flax flour with the warm water. Whisk in the vanilla and honey
5. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients.
6. Using a spatula, spread the mixture in the baking pan.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
8. Let the bars cool before removing them from the pan.
9. Cut 3 x 7 to make 21 bars
10. Store in an air tight container.
These hearty bars are sure to be a hit for between-meal treats or as a power snack while hiking.