Yield: 24 cookies
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Butter, Room Temperature
1 1/2 Cups (375 ml) Valley Kitchen Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour Blend (Natural Alternative)
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Brown Sugar
1 Egg, Large
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Milk
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Baking Soda
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Cinnamon
1/4 tsp (1 ml) Nutmeg
1/4 tsp (1 ml) Cloves
1 Cup (250 ml) Mixed Peel, Green and Red Cherries, Chopped
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Nuts, Walnuts or Pecans, Chopped
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Valley Kitchen Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour Blend (Natural Alternative)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Prepare the baking sheets. Lightly spray and cover with parchment paper or sprinkle lightly with flour.
3) Beat the butter until smooth and light.
4) Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and beat on medium until well combined.
5) Add the sugar, egg, milk, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
6) Beat on medium until well combined.
7) Remove and clean the beaters.
8) Stir in the candied fruit and nuts.
9) Fold in the additional 1/2 cup of flour.
10) Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave 3 inches between each scoop of dough to provide room for the cookies to spread.
11) Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the edges turn light brown and begin to set.
12) Cool on the sheet for several minutes and then complete cooling on a wire rack.