Yield: 24 Cookies
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Valley Flax Flour, Golden or Brown
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cup (125 ml - 185 ml) Milk or Orange Juice
1 Large Egg
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
1/2 tsp (2 ml) Baking Soda
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Coconut or Raisins
2 Cups (500 ml) Pure Oat Meal
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix the flax flour, brown sugar, orange juice (or milk), egg and vanilla.
4. Add the baking soda, coconut (or raisins) and oats. Stir to moisten.
5. Scoop 2 Tbsp (30 ml) at a time onto the baking sheets and flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool.
Adding the greater amount of liquid makes a softer cookie which will spread larger on the baking sheet.