Yield: 1 large loaf
2 Cups (500 ml) Boiling Water
2/3 Cup (160 ml) Whole Rolled Oats, Gluten Free
1/3 Cup (80 ml) Molasses
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Oil
1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
1 tsp (5 ml) Quick Rise (Instant Yeast)
4 1/2 Cups (1125 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
Extra flour for kneading and shaping
1) In a large mixing bowl, pour the boiling water over the oats. Add the molasses, sugar, oil, and salt.
2) When the temperature of the mixture drops to very warm, 48 to 54 degrees Celcius (120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit), stir in the yeast.
3) Add the flour blend and mix 4 to 5 minutes, using either a counter- top mixer or by hand with a heavy wooden spoon.
4) Set aside, covered, in a warm place (I like to use my microwave oven for this) for 40 to 60 minutes to rise, or until doubled.
5) Lightly spray a large bread pan with oil.
6) Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead with extra flour (maybe include some oatmeal for texture) until you can shape and place the loaf into the prepared bread pan. Set aside in a warm place to rise until double in volume, usually 30 to 40 minutes, but allow more time if necessary.
7) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8) Bake the loaf for 40 to 50 minutes, until it sounds hollow when the bottom is tapped.
9) Cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
10) Cool completely before slicing.