Yield: 1 x 12 inch pizza crust
1 1/2 Cup (375 ml) Valley Kitchen All-Purpose Flour Blend
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) Quick Rise Yeast
1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
2 tsp (10 ml) Sugar
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Water at 120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit (additional flour as required)
1) Measure the flour blend into a counter top or heavy mixing bowl. Add the yeast, salt and sugar. Mix.
2) Heat the water. Ensure the temperature is in the required temperature range.
3) Add the water to the dry mix. Using a counter top mixer or large spoon, mix the dough for 4 to 5 minutes. Cover and set aside to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
4) Prepare a work surface by coating it with flour.
5) Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Knead with additional flour to form a soft dough.
6) Using a rolling pin, form the dough into the size required for your pan.
7) Sprinkle the pan with flour to keep the dough from sticking.
8) Fold the pizza dough and lift it onto the pan.
9) Let rise in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Add your favourite sauce and toppings.
11) Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 17 minutes.
This dough makes a delicious, tender crust that carries the toppings perfectly.