Yield: 60 Cookies
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Butter, Salted, Room Tempurature
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Golden Flax Flour
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Icing Sugar
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Orange Juice
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
2 Cups (500 ml) All Purpose White Flour
1. Cream the butter. Blend in the golden flax flour and icing sugar. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Add the orange juice and vanilla. Stir to mix.
3. Fold the flour into the batter until just blended. Kneed gently as required to hold the dough together.
4. Lightly flour the counter and roll the dough to about 1/2 cm thick.
5. Cut with a small decorative cookie cutter. Gather remaining dough together, roll, and cut. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
6. Lay on a baking sheet.
7. Decorate with cherries, coloured sprinkles or other seasonal decoration.