Yield: 100 small cookies
1 Cup (250 ml) Butter, Salted, Room Temperature
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Icing Sugar
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) Almond Extract
3 Cups (750 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
1) Cream the butter. Blend in the icing sugar. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2) Add the flavour extract. Beat to blend.
3) Using a spatula or wooden spoon, work the flour into the batter until well combined. Form into a ball.
4) Lightly flour the counter. Knead as required to hold the dough together.
5) Roll the dough to about 1/2 cm thick.
6) Cut with a small decorative cookie cutter. Gather remaining dough together, roll and cut. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
7) Lay on a baking sheet.
8) Decorate with cherries, coloured sprinkles or other seasonal decoration.
9) Bake in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until just starting to colour.
Shortbread cookies are as much a part of the festive season as gifts and eggnog. These delicious cookies are a great way to celebrate the wonderful flavour combination of butter and almond.